Wednesday 30 December 2015

Who You Are Through Love

Hey Everyone!

So it's been a LONG while since I've posted...and to be completely honest, there hasn't really been a real reason, other than me just being a bit too lazy to write anything. But ummm...anyways, I've decided to write up a new post today about finding yourself.

***DISCLAIMER; It's just a theory so calm down, it doesn't mean it's actually true. It's just a thought!***

I know, I know, it's a pretty cheesy thing to say but I SWEAR there is more to it.

Somehow, I don't think that anyone really knows who they are-at all. Sure you might like playing a certain sport or playing a certain instrument or you like doing some weird quirky thing but; who are you?

You're not defined by what you like and what you don't like. You're defined by your personality.

So here's the thing, people might say that you're a pretty funny person or that you are particularly shy or some other thing that describes your personality but, where did you pick up these traits? What event changed you to act this certain way?

Were you born this way? Or was it something you learned along the way?

There's this theory called the Theory of Accidents (No, I did not make it up). Basically it says that everything we do is because of an accident that happened and if an accident does not occur then said thing won't happen.

For example; a child who crawls can't carry anything in there hands. So the child learns to walk in order to carry things more efficiently. However if a child bum scoots they are able to carry things in their hands without having to walk. Therefore, another accident must happen in order for this child to walk. Perhaps the accident would be that they want to be able to reach things higher up so they decide to walk.

Essentially what I'm saying is that everything that "makes you, you" is an accident and therefore isn't the true you.

Now you're asking me; "well then how am I supposed to define myself if everything that has happened to me is an accident!"

Well, one would have to ask themselves then, if we are all stripped down to our core, what do we all have in common? LOVE!



Then you're all like "Kat- NO!"

But think about it! Every single thing, human or animal has a desire for love or attraction! This means that who we are, is what we are like when we love or are attracted!

Pretty far winded, I know, but it's just a thought!

Until next time,

Kat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment